Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Year End Updates

Finally, after getting sick 3 times in the last four weeks, I went to the doctor, where I was prescribed 2 weeks of antibiotics. The whole family is on a similar program, because we have all been sick a lot. Turns out we all have sinus infections. Every time I got sick, I had the tell-tale signs but I have been trying to avoid all of the side effects of the antibiotics, unsuccessfully it seems. Mostly avoided them because I would recover quickly and the infection signs would go away. I am glad to be on them now as I could not shake the last cold and things were going downhill fast.

Looking forward to 2010, I placed my chips down for the Baker’s Dozen. In a moment of “delusions of grandeur”, I registered for the Cat 1 race, instead of trying to go back and repeat with a top sport finish. I could switch races, but that would cost an additional $15, so I think I will just tough this one out. Since my training has been derailed by snow, rain, and being sick, this will literally just be a ride in the park for me. The distances have been lowered from last year too, because a 28 mile race in January is too much! I do love the trails there on the farm though and cannot stay away. The promoter is running a 4 race series there, so I may be back for more of the same.

Christmas was good for everyone in my family. Isabella was very excited about all of her presents. I think she was most excited about the puzzles she received. She likes the toys, but really enjoys working out problems in her head, so she loves every puzzle she gets to build. On the two days following Christmas, the first thing she said to me was “Can we play puzzles Daddy?” We did.

Hopefully I can get out and ride soon, but I am not going to push it and end up sicker. Sadly our trails are perfect now that they are frozen, but more snow and rain are on the way, so this condition may be short lived. Bummer, but for now, I better stick to the trainer and weights.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bakers dozen or snot cycle?

Fort James said...

Oh, snotcycle and I realized I already mentioned that in my last post. Considering the Baker's Dozen again, but the "away from home cost" might hurt me later on in the silly race season.

Fort James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.